Spokane Polo Club History
Polo made its debut in Spokane back in 1913 at the Spokane County Fair & Expo. Two Canadian polo teams came down to the fair to show the northwest what the sport was all about. It became a hit and over the years came back year after year. This inspired some locals to start their very own polo club and led to what eventually became the Spokane Polo Club today.
Over the last century the polo grounds, level of play & style have varied greatly.
The club has had over half a dozen different venues ranging from the Playfair racetrack in the 1930s to Bridlewood in the Latah Valley as well as the Dix Farm.
Since the clubs inception the Dix family in Spokane has played a very active role in keeping the sport and club very much alive in the inland northwest.